Just a few things I’ve been up to lately……
1. Jesus is gay. No, I’m not being sacrilegious. I’m talking about the Walking Dead. I actually missed that part of the show and read about it on the internet. But I saw the rest and the show is still good so I’m ok with it all. I still have not seen the last 2 episodes of This Is Us. I know wtf right? But every time I try to put it on, Mikey begs me not to. So I put on Big Little Lies instead and we really really like it. I’m glad I didn’t read the book first. We of course still love Billions and I’m kind of digging Imposters, which I mentioned last week. Elaine who turned 40+1 has been trying to get me to watch Girls. I watched the first season but was like ummm, nah. but now she insists that I should watch this season(which is the last) and the season before that. I’m kind of tempted though just so I can feel like I’m part of the “in” crowd.
2. Books- I’m still reading Engagements.
3. Working too much. Which explains #2 above. And my absence from my blog. Excuses, excuses I know.
4. So I was all excited about Sex and the City 3 only to find out that it’s all just “in talks” and whatnot and not even remotely going to happen anytime soon.
5. The weather- Spring is here and the low tonight is 18 degrees. Oh and this past Friday night it snowed 2 inches of big fat snowflakes and covered everything and they were calling for rain. I am so ready for summer. Or Florida.
just a few things that I’ve been up to lately…..
1. I missed last week. I started a new job a few weeks ago and I’ve found out (see last July) that when I start a new job, I forget/don’t find the time/get overwhelmed to blog. Plus I picked up a few extra shifts bartending. And there’s another reason, but I’ll get to that some other week. So that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
2. TV talk- The Walking Dead has been so good after the winter break. So of course there’s only 3 episodes left. But I’ve actually been looking forward to watching it unlike last year where I just wanted to throw a chair at my tv. This Is Us- I’m 2 episodes behind and of course it’s over for the season. Big Little Lies- Mikey and I gave the 1st episode a try and we think we kind of like it. Well, I know I really like it and Mikey thinks maybe he likes it. Billions- we both just love. Have you seen the new show The Arrangement? It stars Negan’s wife that ran away. I tried it for like 10 minutes and wasn’t really into it. Now the scripted show on Bravo- Imposters is actually kind of good. I always catch it when I get home from the bar so I sometimes fall asleep or miss parts of it but it’s pretty interesting. And Uma Thurman plays a bad ass bitch in it too.
3. Vanilla cupcake M&M’s from Target. My second obsession. My first true love is Cadbury mini eggs and I truly can.not.stop.eating.them. I’ve gone through multiple bags already and I ain’t talking the little bags.
4.I’m reading the book The Engagements (Vintage Contemporaries) by J.Courtney Sullivan. I started this book a few weeks ago but read A Certain Age: A Novel by Beatriz Williams in between. Now I’m back to reading The Engagements again(when I have time; see #1 above) and I really really like it. It jumps around between different stories and decades but all ties together and some of the history of the diamond engagement ring advertising is quite interesting. The jumping around isn’t confusing though because it goes from different couples in different decades which is really neat too.
5. As I’ve said before- the weather is now a topic on what up Wednesdays. In my neck of the woods, we completely missed winter storm Stella. Which is fine by me, but lordy the hype. Non stop talk about it almost made me feel like we were left out and missed something. So now spring is on Monday and it’s going to be 25 degrees here next Wednesday. They reversed our seasons. We had spring like weather this winter and now winter is here. It better go out like a lamb at the end of March.
Just a few things I’ve been up to lately…..
1. Ok last weeks This is us. I called it before and said I was going to cry when William died. Well, I bawled like a baby. So much so, that Elvira Kittypants was sitting on my lap and she just stared up at me frightened and then rubbed her head on me and was trying to console me. No joke. It was too cute and made me cry even harder. That damn show. How is it just so good??!!
2. I didn’t get to watch The Walking Dead. I haven’t started Big Little Lies. We finished binge watching Billions and can’t wait to start season 2 which is already 3 episodes in. I missed this weeks Martha and Snoop too.
3. I finished the book A Certain Age: A Novel by Beatriz Williams. At first I was a little bit weary of this book because of the reviews on Amazon. They were very mixed about the story and some of the characters. I’ll admit that the synopsis on the back of the book doesn’t quite match what the book is about because it says nothing of a murder mystery. But I really liked the book and the characters and the setting, which is the 1920’s. So I’m glad I didn’t listen to some of the negative reviews because I did really, really like the book and devoured it in a few days.
4. I remember one of my new year’s resolutions- to stop writing (and talking) in run-on sentences. Obviously(see above) I’m failing at that miserably.
5. Just like TV and books, what up Wednesdays is also about the weather. This morning 65 degrees and tonight-snow. This winter has been so bizarre. I’m not complaining! I’m just talking about it. Because when all else fails and your life is as boring as mine-talk about the weather. Ha!
(none off this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own. There is an amazon affiliate link above, if you click on the link and purchase the product I receive a small commission that helps support this blog. Thank you!)