So yes, it’s actually what up Thursday but whatever. It’s still just a few things I’ve been up to lately…
Which isn’t much so there’s that.
1. I’m reading 2 different books at once. A Certain Age by Beatriz Williams and The Engagements by J.Courtney Sullivan. I feel like my mom. She has an upstairs book and a downstairs book. And she reads like several books a week.
2. TV talk- How perfect was the Carol/Daryl reunion??!!!! At least The Walking Dead is redeeming itself from a few of those stupid episodes in December. We are binge watching Billions so that we can start the new season which I hear is really good. I didn’t see This Is Us this week yet and I can’t believe the season is over in like 3 weeks!!! WAAAHHHH!!!! I’m excited to watch Big Little Lies. I never read the book but I like all of the actresses that are in the show.
3. I’m doing it again. Talking about the weather. But I can’t help it. The birds are chirping and the tulips/daffodils are starting to grow and it’s only FEBRUARY!! 75 degrees tomorrow and a low of 27 degrees by this Saturday night. This shit is crazy. And everyone is sick. Except me, so stay away from me!
The perfect cold weather drink!
And it’s made with homemade marshmallow vodka!!
So I live in a state with ridiculous liquor laws. We have to buy liquor from state run liquor stores. And only until recently could we buy wine at a grocery store and have wine from other states shipped to us. But don’t get me started on all of that. So, I had this idea for spiked smores hot chocolate for a while and I finally decided to make it. I went to the liquor store to buy marshmallow vodka, which I had seen on the shelves many times. Lo and behold, when I went to finally purchase some, they were out. So I asked if they had any in the back and they said no but they would check other locations to see if somewhere else had some. The answer was no. They don’t carry it anymore and it’s now a special order. Seriously??? I have to special order this? Ummm no thanks. Pissed off, I left but then had that light bulb moment and I thought “I’ll just make my own!” So I did. And it was so easy and so much cheaper. Win win!! Plus, I only made a small amount so I didn’t have this great big bottle sitting around.
Homemade marshallow vodka
Fill a pint glass jar 3/4 full with marshmallows (I used mini marshmallows)then fill with vodka. Place lid on jar and shake gently. Let sit for approximately 1 week, shaking gently every few days. Strain vodka through a coffee filter or fine mesh strainer.
Besides making the homemade marshmallow vodka, another fun part was trying to toast the marshmallows on my gas stove top burner. If you don’t have a gas stove, you could try broiling the marshmallows but very very carefully.
I also dipped the cup in marshmallow fluff then into graham cracker crumbs and it just made this drink even more delicious.
Spiked smores hot chocolate
1 cup of your favorite hot chocolate/cocoa mix made with milk(I used almond milk) and heated through
1 oz marshmallow vodka
graham cracker crumbs (and marshmallow fluff- optional) for rim of cup
Ok, ok so I took the easy way out and just used a premade cocoa mix and heated my milk and stirred in the cocoa mix. Yes, I could have melted pieces of chocolate and mixed it with milk and did all that but, I didn’t want to. This way was just too easy. So, dip your cup in marshmallow fluff then in graham cracker crumbs. Pour in heated milk mixed with your favorite hot cocoa/chocolate mix and stir in 1oz marshmallow vodka.
The perfect hide under the covers and keep warm drink!!
Just a few things I’ve been up to lately…..
1. The Walking Dead!! I liked it! Except those new people at the end. And the fact that they say that they’re not from the comic book. I need to know now people. Someone give my the scoop. Best line ever- when Rick tells Daryl to stay behind in the kingdom and tells him to stare him (Ezekial) into submission.
2. Martha and Snoop’s Pot luck Dinner Party is back on also!! 2 new episodes on Monday. I just sit there and laugh and laugh. It’s just so bizarrely funny. Mikey says it makes him uncomfortable because it’s just so strange but it’s good.
3. I’m still on a reading kick. I read the book “A Game For All the Family” by Sophie Hannah. It started out kind of good but then just went way over the top and kind of stupid. It’s supposed to be like a psychological thriller but it was so not believable and just weird. But I had to finish it to see what happened. I can’t say that I would recommend it. I also read “The Girls of August” by Anne Rivers Siddons. I have read some of her books before and I like her writing. It flows well and I breeze through her books. This was just a simple fictional story that I would recommend if you want an easy read.
4. How was your Valentine’s Day? I got a pair of Isotoner gloves and a scarf. It may not sound very romantic but a few weeks ago I lost a glove that I had for like 10 years. All I did was whine and complain about it so Mikey went out and bought me a pair. So sweet!