1. I think I’ve eaten my weight in cookies.
2. TV talk is all about Breaking Bad. My parents are binge watching it for the 2nd time. Elaine who turned 40+1 and her husband are binge watching it for the first time. And they had a marathon on AMC starting Monday and Mikey and I were watching it again. If you haven’t seen it yet, I insist. It’s just so addicting and really, really good.
3. I made this super bomb breakfast burrito casserole for Christmas morning. OMG we devoured it and I can’t wait to make it again this weekend. I found the recipe on pinchofyum on Instagram. It’s a video from December 13 and has almost 100,00 views. I tweaked it to my taste ever so slightly and it is just so freaking good!
4. Any plans for New Years Eve? It’s the first time in like 6 years that I’m not working it and I actually wish that I was going to work that night. Oh well. We’ll probably just celebrate at home.
5. Elvira Kittypants was very spoiled by Santa this year. But everything broke or was wrong. I found her a remote controlled mouse to chase on our floors and we had so much fun for 5 minutes and then it basically stopped working. Then she got this cute little ceramic hedgehog that you plant cat grass in and I took it out of the box and it was shattered. Then she got these packets of healthy cat food that I thought were in bisque or gravy form and they’re not. Just bites of food with some gravy and she seemed to like it a lot but she has problems eating certain kinds of food. Poor spoiled kitty. She just loves her mousey toys. She has a whole family of them…
I’m typing this post at 10pm because I completely forgot it was Wednesday. I’m like totally consumed by last minute Christmas shit that I have no recollection of what day it is and only that Christmas is fast approaching and I have a million last minute things to do. Oh and thank goodness for Kmart. For real. Everyone always talks Walmart and Target but let me tell you, this is not the first year Kmart has saved my ass at finding gifts. I also love how every year I say I’m going to be on top of my game and be done with everything days before Christmas and every year it’s down to the wire. I made a shit ton of cookie dough tonight that I will bake tomorrow morning and I still have a shit ton of gifts to wrap. My Christmas basically starts Friday afternoon when the visiting commences so that’s another reason I feel the pressure to get done right this very second.
So anyway, I don’t have any tv talk this week unless you count Vanderpump Rules and that absolutely does not count because it’s so annoying and I just put it on so I can fall asleep to it.
Just in case I’m MIA the next few days, I want to wish everyone Happy Holidays!!!!!!!
Chambord Champagne cocktails to be exact…
I was experimenting with a few different combinations to make champagne cocktails. They are all based around Chambord which is a black raspberry liquer. We went out to eat with my family for Thanksgiving dinner this year and my dad and sister both tried the restaurant’s signature drink that day which was some sort of Chambord mimosa. I didn’t have anything alcoholic to drink because I was working later that evening and also because Mikey couldn’t drink since he was having surgery the next morning. So I just sat there salivating over their cocktails sipping on my water. Which then led me to experiment and make my own. I tried a few variations and I’m not sure if I got the right proportions for each drink, but I sure had fun trying. My original idea was an apple cider Chambord champagne cocktail.
First dip the glass in cinnamon sugar and pour in 1 oz apple cider. Next, pour in 1 oz Chambord..
Top with champagne…
Delicious and very, very tasty. I tried another variation using the juice of 1 mandarin orange and 1/2 oz Chambord. Topped off with champagne. Oh my heavens was that one delicious too.
Every time I drink Chambord, I can’t help but reminisce about the time years and years ago when I used to go boating with Elaine who turned 40+1 and her husband and son. It was always sooooo much fun. Back in those days Elaine and I would drink Mikes Hard Lemonade. It was such a refreshing summertime drink. I’m not sure how it happened or who thought of it, but we started adding a shot of Chambord to our hard lemonade. It was so freaking good. Black raspberry lemonade. With alcohol. On a boat. In the hot sunshine. All day long. Oh it was such good times. And then Elaine got pregnant and they decided to sell the boat and that’s it. The end. But the memories will always be there! Along with some embarrassing pictures she better never put on Facebook!
Now let’s get back to these cocktails… Chambord champagne cocktails
1oz apple cider
1oz juice from mandarin orange
optional cinnamon sugar for rim of glass(I highly recommend)
Add your mixers and alcohol first and top with champagne.
Try 1 oz apple cider + 1 oz Chambord + champagne
1 oz mandarin orange juice + 1/2 oz Chambord + champagne
1 oz Chambord + champagne
Have fun experimenting and drink responsibly!
This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
1. Every year I say I’m not going to take on too many things to do for Christmas and that I’m just going to keep it simple and enjoy the holiday season. Oops I did it again. I decorated the Wednesday before Thanksgiving because of Mikey’s surgery that Friday. But I need a table runner for my dining room table and couldn’t justify spending the amount of money that some of these stores wanted. Plus I found a whole bunch of Xmas fabric that I had acquired at some point which leads me to my next project. I’m going to sew my own table runner. Or placemat. I haven’t decided which one yet. And I have to sew some pillows as part of someone’s xmas gift. Another project is baking pumpkin rolls. I usually do this before thanksgiving but decided to do it for xmas for extra money to buy gifts. So now I have about 15 of those to make. Plus cookies!! I can’t not make cookies. Then of course there’s shopping. I’m almost done. Kinda sorta. Then I have to wrap all my gifts which I absolutely hate. Very un-Martha like of me I know, but I hate wrapping presents. I shouldn’t stress though because I still have a week and a half…is that all?? Oh my word!
2. TV talk!! I didn’t get to talk about This is Us last week because I hadn’t watched it yet. So I did finally get to watch it and I GASPED LOUDLY and covered my mouth and said “Oh no!!!! Not Toby!!! No no no!” Ugh. Ok, what did you think of The Walking Dead? I was just so happy Daryl escaped and got to change his clothes. Oh yeah, and for everyone to be reunited at the end. How about the look on Rick’s face when he found out what Carl did? Somebody control that child please! I was worried for Rosita and even for Eugene but of course couldn’t care less about Spencer. That was gross. I forgot to talk about the season finale of Westworld last week. It was good. Finally tied everything together and made some sense. The ending was pretty cool except for the fact that they said season 2 will be out sometime in 2018. Wtf?
What are we celebrating? My 7lb weight loss! And the Holidays of course.. And hopefully keeping 7lbs off over the Holidays!
So I do have to admit that part of the weight loss may have been stress related due to Mikey’s surgery but I still stepped up my game with more cardio and not over indulging over Thanksgiving. I’m hoping to keep it up over Christmas. This protein shake should help me in the process. It’s not too sweet from the cranberry juice and red raspberries but with a little bit of chocolate creaminess from the protein powder. Then I topped it all off with cran-raz sparkling water and made it into a festive treat.
True story- I almost blew my knee out doing squats. I even went light. I’ve had a bad knee for over 20 years now, I just deal with it. So I hadn’t done a leg/booty day routine in a few weeks and thought I would just go to the gym and do a simple little leg/booty workout. Well I started with smith machine squats using very little weight and immediately my legs were like “oh hell no!” But I endured because I’m used to it. Hahahaha. Several ice packs and ibuprofen later, my knee is still not happy. Moral of the story is that’s what I get for skipping leg/booty day for several weeks. I’ll just go cry in my protein shake now….. Chocolate cran-raz sparkling protein shake
1/2 cup frozen red raspberries
1 cup cranberry juice
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
3/4 cup ice
1/2 can cranberry raspberry sparkling water (I used Lacroix)
Add first 4 ingredients to a blender with ice and blend until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and top with sparkling water and stir gently.