Just a few things I’ve been up to lately……
1. No Black Friday shopping for me since that was the day of Mikey’s surgery, which went well.
2. Let’s talk TV! The
Sleeping Walking Dead- no, just no. Who?? I forgot her name and didn’t know that it was Tara until 40 minutes into the show. And she got an extra 11 minutes for the episode??? Yawn!!Or more like WTF??? I seriously may stop watching for now and just go back to binge watching it because it’s just getting so stupid. We caught up on Westworld and Mikey was making fun of me for going online to read recaps of the episodes because I get so confused. But then I was telling him some of the stuff I was reading and theories of the show that now he wants to go back and rewatch every episode before the finale on Sunday. I watched the new show Good Behavior on TNT and I must say that I think I liked it and want to watch more. Mikey was slightly interested in it so maybe we’ll see what happens. Also, I went to watch This is Us over the weekend but it wasn’t on demand for some reason so now I’m 2 episodes behind.
3. So I’ve been going through my closet and selling a bunch of clothes on Ebay. Well I mentioned several weeks(months?) ago about a book I bought called The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo. I read through the chapters on clothing and while I didn’t follow it exactly, I did learn some organizing techniques such as folding clothes and storing them in drawers. Holy moly what a difference. I could not see/find anything in my sock/underwear/pajama/tank tops/tshirt drawers. Now it’s all there and folded nicely and I can see exactly what I have. And even after I do laundry and have to put it all away. it’s so easy just to fold it up and tuck it back into the drawer. Here are some pics…my folding isn’t perfect but you get the idea…
So if you need a xmas present idea for someone who’s desperately trying to organize or even for someone with OCD, I highly recommend this book.
(none off this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own. There is an amazon affiliate link above, if you click on the link and purchase the product I receive a small commission that helps support this blog. Thank you!)
just a few things I’ve been up to lately….
Gonna keep it very real here today..
I spent 9 hours with Mikey in the ER on Saturday. Helped my girl Trixie can some homemade xmas gifts on sunday. Baked 15 pies on Monday. Spent 5 hours with Mikey at 2 doctors appointments downtown and worked at the bar on Tuesday. Typing this blog and delivering pies today. Going out to dinner with my family and working at the bar Thursday/Thanksgiving. Mikey is having sinus/eye surgery Friday and I’m totally freaking out. So you see, my week has been nothing but non stop chaos and now I’m just going to talk in run-on sentences and tell you that I haven’t had time to make a pretty cocktail and blog about it. Nor have I gone to the gym and worked out and made a cool protein shake and blogged about it. And to be completely honest, Instagram is completely on my nerves when my nerves are shot so I haven’t posted anything on there either. The only TV I watched was The Walking Dead and for some reason (my nerves/emotions are shot) I thought the episode sucked and was full of really bad acting. We also caught up on Westworld and it’s still kind of OK and confusing. Oh, and I did catch Martha and Snoop’s dinner party on Monday but I think I was drunk on bourbon and I don’t remember much other than Martha cooking a turkey with 2 Chainz and showing Snoop how to make “ice balls.” She is such a badass. And the show was picked up for a second season!!! Whoop whoop!!
So I hope you all have a happy and safe Thanksgiving and black Friday shopping and I hope to be back to blogging and normal and that Mikey is all better and his surgery goes well.
just a few things I’ve been up to lately…..
1. Oh the Walking Dead…Mikey is so over all of the suspenseful Negan bullshit, but he wants a Negan style leather jacket for Christmas. Figure that one out. But anywho, two things of many that struck me on sundays episode, one is at the end of the show Michonne walks by a smoldering pile of something and I had to read a recap to find out it was a pile of matresses. Were you confused? I wasn’t even drinking sunday night. The other is Rick’s confession about Judith not being his child. It felt strangely to me like watching Ellen DeGeneres “coming out” on her first tv show. It’s like “yeah, and?” Didn’t we already know this like years ago? Or is it just because it’s the first time Rick actually admitted it?
2. Other tv talk- I didn’t get to watch This is Us this week and I’ve stopped reading spoilers about each episode so that I can fully enjoy watching it without already knowing what happens. I want to catch the new show on TNT called Good Behavior because of Michelle Dockery aka Lady Mary. And The Affair starts this sunday!!! I cannot wait. If you don’t watch this show, you need to start.
The Affair: Season 1
3. I went to visit my bestie Melissa over the weekend. She is my stylist. We shopped a lot and she helped me put outfits together and we drank a lot of wine and her son Jett is adorable. Ok, so she isn’t really a stylist but that is her true calling in life and she just needs to become one ASAP. All of my friends reading this right now are shaking their heads in agreement.
4. Every year I say I’m not making pies for Thanksgiving. Number of pies I’m making this year for thanksgiving= 15. Why do I do this?
5. I got the King Arthur Flour Holiday Gift Guide catalogue in the mail yesterday and I feel like a kid reading the JCPenney Christmas catalogue. I used to love looking through the Christmas catalogue as a kid. I would dog ear pages and write stuff down and make my list for Santa and sometimes I would even add it all up and adjust my list if I thought it was too much to ask for. As an adult I feel like that every summer when I get the IKEA catalogue and now King Arthur because of being a baker. I used to feel that way about Victoria’s Secret too but they stopped their catalogue and stopped selling everything basically so Bah Humbug to them.
6. I did it again! I almost forgot to mention Martha and Snoop’s Dinner party. Only a half hour episode this week but it was hilarious. Rick Ross was macking all over Martha the whole time and she just giggled and gave it right back to him. I freaking love it!!
(none off this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own. There are some amazon affiliate links above, if you click on the link and purchase the product I receive a small commission that helps support this blog. Thank you!)
I love when I surprise myself with a good cocktail…
And that’s exactly what I did with this Moscow mule. It’s just so refreshing is the only way I can describe it. I’m not that big of a fan of Moscow mules because of the ginger beer. I find it to be too overpowering. But I still sometimes like to drink Moscow mules because of the cool copper mugs. Plus aside from the ginger beer, a typical Moscow mule uses vodka and lime juice. Both I love. And then you can mix in all kinds of different fruits. So they are a fun cocktail to play around with.
So when I was making this drink, I knew that I wanted to use blackberries and I was trying to think of another fruit to go with it. Then I remembered years ago I made a blackberry peach cobbler and it was delicious. So I decided to go with a blackberry peach Moscow mule and it is just as delicious.
Blackberry peach Moscow mule
6 blackberries (I used frozen, thawed)
2 peach slices, cut in half (I used frozen, thawed)
1 lime, juiced
2 oz vodka
1 oz peach schnapps
1 bottle or can ginger beer
In a copper mug (or regular glass), muddle blackberries, peaches, and 3/4 oz lime juice. Fill glass with ice, then add vodka and peach schnapps. Top with ginger beer and stir to combine.
From the girl who says she’s not a big fan of Moscow mules (see above), I liked this one so much I had two!