1. Mikey’s birthday was yesterday! We celebrated it over the weekend though because I had to work both jobs yesterday and I had yet another doctor’s appointment. We tried out a new Italian restaurant on Saturday that was very, very good. We didn’t have a reservation so we had to sit outside which I really enjoyed. On sunday I made us our favorite bomb Mexican meal. And we had pico de gallo with tomatoes from our garden. It just never ceases to amaze me how a homegrown tomato is just so delicious and how different they taste from tomatoes you buy all year round in a grocery store. That may just sound stupid and just common sense but for real. The taste of my garden fresh tomatoes are like no other and I forget how good it is until I eat one every summer.
2. Speaking of our garden- we have 2 bright orange pumpkins. In July. I hope they last until October. Our eggplants sadly are dead and not going to produce. Our peppers are doing pretty well and our tomatoes are just bomb.
3. TV talk- sorry, this week has just been the usual. Another episode of Animal Kingdom(it sounds like a kids show, but trust me, I would be leery to let a teenager watch it), Ray Donovan, Pirates baseball, and Ridiculousness.
4. I feel like an old person or like I’m being annoying or cliché when I say “I can’t believe it’s the end of July.” I seriously sometimes just cannot fathom how fast time flies by. It’s sickening.
Just a few things I’ve been up to lately…..
1. Nero has still not come home. I’m still not over it. I miss him soooo much!
2. Please stay tuned and keep checking back because I promise you, I will be back to posting more than just the shit I’ve been up to. I already have a few drinks and snacks lined up to share with you and I want to brag about my dad and dukeschairs.com and our trip to Ohio. I figure this is like my summer vacation break. It’s a thing somewhere in the world (Europe? maybe) to take off the whole month of august and vacation somewhere. So I basically took off all of July. Ok, dumb comparison. I’m just trying to come up with excuses.
3. Reading the book “Lunch in Paris” by Elizabeth Bard. Really good summer read. And it has some recipes at the end of each chapter and there’s a few I’d like to try. I read another one of her books last year called “Picnic in Provence: A Memoir with recipes.” Also a super good book. It’s actually like the sequel to Lunch in Paris but I read them out of order and it doesn’t actually matter which one you read first. They are both good reads. And you get a lot of insight into Paris culture which I think is pretty interesting.
4. TV talk- On recommendation from my gal Lori, we started watching Animal Kingdom on TNT. Oh yeah baby! That’s some good crazy TV. We’re 2 episodes in and we were completely hooked after the first few minutes of the first episode. I’ve caught up on a few episodes of Mistresses. I like it but I’m kind of meh on the whole season so far.
5. I’ve been trying to practice my photography lately with my fancy pants camera. I’ll leave you with a few snapshots….
I, unfortunately, didn’t get to pick as many black raspberries this year as I have in the past. I only got to make a few tarts and Mikey and I inhaled them all in no time. To be honest, I ate most of them. Mikey doesn’t always like how the seeds get stuck in his teeth. That just means more for me!!
I made these patriotic cookies for Elaine who turned 40’s 4th of july picnic.
They were such a big hit. Elaine who turned 40’s sister even snuck a few in a container and hid them in her car to take home. Without asking. Elaine who turned 40 was pissed. Apparently her sister took ALOT of food home in containers she hid in her car when no one was looking. Without asking.
Our garden is actually growing pretty good this year. Tomatoes, 2 kinds of peppers, and pumpkins.
Yes there is an alligator in our garden. Doesn’t it look real?
Just a few things I’ve been up to lately…..
So I feel like all my blog has become is a facebook page. I mean seriously, all I’ve posted in the past month are what up Wednesday posts. So lame. But I am just keeping it real here.
1. My little boy Nero the fat tuxedo cat is still missing. 11 days. I still cry at least once a day for him. I miss him so much.
2. TV talk- we finally watched an episode of Ray Donovan. I have to admit though that we are slightly distracted and not real excited. My parents just started binge watching it too. I have so many things to catch up on. Mistresses, RHOD, RHONY, RHOC, I hate RHONJ, Famously Single, Arranged, and I haven’t watched a single episode of General Hospital in over a month. My new job has cut into my gym/cardio/GH time. My girl Lori recommends Animal Kingdom and Feed the Beast. I hope to check these out real soon. Sounds like shows Mikey and my parents would like. Violence, nudity, gangsters, all the stuff they really love. Me-well, I can only take so much and then I run and hide and watch my real housewives and feel better about the world. HA. HAHAHAHA.
3. It’s summer so I’ve been reading more. I read “The Guest Room” by Chris Bohjalian. My mom recommended it as one you can’t put down because you just have to know how it all ends. She was right. Kind of disturbing but a really good book and you literally just have to know how it ends as soon as you start reading it.
4. Mikey, my dad, and I went to the Good Guys car show in Columbus Ohio over the weekend. My dad had a booth for his business dukeschairs.com. It was a really great time and I’ve decided to make a whole blog post out of it so stay tuned!
5. My stupid health issues are finally getting resolved. I hope. Four fucking doctors later…It’s a snowball effect and nobody really wants to take control of the situation and they keep passing me around like a cheap whore. Did I really just say that??? Sorry. ONE YEAR later of dealing with this and I’ve about had all the nonsense I can take. I’m going the Holistic route. Fuck modern medicine.
just a few things I’ve been up to lately…..
My sweetheart baby boy fat cat has been missing since Saturday morning. We are devastated. He’s never been missing for this long since we officially adopted him last year. I miss him soooooo much it hurts.
I keep expecting to see him whenever I open the door or when I look out of the window. You would always be able to see him. His black and white tuxedo sticks out like a sore thumb. We were hoping that one of the neighbors took him inside (he’s a friendly cat with a few friends in the neighborhood)over the weekend because like most animals, he hates fireworks. And every Tom, Dickhead, and Harry in our stupid neighborhood set off fireworks all day, everyday for 3 days straight. So we were hoping by Tuesday morning he would come strolling by to say what up. But he hasn’t and we’ve canvassed the neighborhood calling for him and looking everywhere. I miss him sooooo much!!!!
I love you little boy! I’ll miss you forever and ever!!!